Thursday, March 09, 2006

Must... resist... darkside...

I was flipping through the channels last night when I saw this band on our local PBS station.  I stopped because I thought it was Alison Krauss & Union Station, but I was wrong.  Before I knew it though, I’d spent about half an hour watching them perform!  The band was Rhonda Vincent & Rage.  Anybody out there in the blogosphere heard of them?  They were absolutely fantastic – particularly the banjo player and the fiddler!  The M.R.S. just shook her head.  I feel I must go listen to some rap to balance things out.  (Don’t worry, none of the hard-core, “gangsta” stuff.  I like rap-lite.)  

So I’ve got a grad committee meeting tomorrow @ 11:00.  I’m working on the Powerpoint presentation now, and it’s coming along quite slowly.  I know they’re gonna rip me apart, but at least it’ll be done by 12:30.  “Why are you taking this approach?”  “What biological questions are you trying to address?”  Yadda,yadda, yadda…  I also plan to schedule my written & oral comprehensive exams for sometime in April.  I guess I need to check my calendar and see when the Holy Days are again.  Then if – IF – I pass, I will officially be a PhD candidate.  After that, it’s just a matter of finishing up my research, writing up my dissertation, defending it (i.e., get ripped by my committee again)  and getting’ on through.  Wish a brotha luck.  Better yet, join me a prayer or two!  I have a feeling I’m gonna need a group hug tomorrow.

6 comments:

Annette said...

You'll be FINE :) Just make sure you say something along the lines of: "I like cotton. Cotton is cool. It's got genes and stuff."

Michael said...

lol... I'll have to remember that.

Heather said...

Or, maybe you can tie it into gnomes. That would get them!

Not to put a damper on things, but I still have nightmares about my Master's thesis presentation. Ugh!

Summer from Lorelei Caroline said...

I know Rhonda Vincent...and I know Rage again the Machine...but I don't think they're the same group as Rage.

Good luck on all your stuff tomorrow.

BanjoBen said...

Of COURSE I know who Rhonda Vincent and the Rage is!!! They're pretty good.

BanjoBen said...

Good luck with the exams and the presentations too.