Friday, May 09, 2008

May 9 '08

Well, I was gonna try and post an update, but I just found out that two someones close to me are getting married! I'll restrain myself and not call, seeing as how it's after midnight; I guess I'll get filled in next week. AV, we must do lunch one day next week. Well, since I'm here I guess I will provide a brief update.

Things are going OK for my clan. I'm 98% certain we'll be moving to Greenville this summer - $3.45 a gallon gas is making my ~80-mile round trip to work a tad expensive. One big thing that's happened is that I had my first Sabbath test @ work recently. My shift was being required to work Saturdays, but after prayer and meditation (mine and other brethren's) I sent an email to my supervisor requesting an exemption for religious reasons. I was prepared to provide a statement of beliefs, a letter from my pastor, as well as legal and Scriptural support for my position. My supervisor's supervisor, human resources, and our corporate office all eventually became involved - with most of this occurring behind the scenes without my knowledge. Finally, I was called into a meeting with the department manager, and I was informed that they would gladly work with me after ascertaining my beliefs were sincerely held. After a couple of questions, the dep. manager signed off on the exemption and actually praised my handling of the situation. Apparently, conflict resolution is a major problem at my place of employment, and all parties were glad to see that I was not at all belligerent and that I followed the chain of command for such resolution. In short, the meeting went QUITE well and I do not have to work on the Sabbath. Thanks to all who prayed about this situation.

The spring dance/weekend we had went well. It was nice to play host to brethren from other areas - some of whom came from as far as California, Calgary, and Rhode Island. I hope they all enjoyed themselves and will return if we do this next year.
Well, it's late and I need to get some sleep. I've got to get up early in the morning. Enjoy your Sabbath.





1 comment:

Annette said...

Congrats on the Sabbath situation!